Google Maps is interesting in the respect that it takes a similar site such as Mapquest and adds to it.
I searched for my address on Google Maps and I was able to locate my town, although, my address showed on the map as being several miles away. When I specified my street, I was able to find my street to the key of 50 feet.
I do find that Google Maps and the accompanying "get directions" feature does not always find the best route for me. Turnpikes and highways are often chosen rather than roads that may be less traveled. However, I am sure that the roads are not listed for the native but for the ease of access.
I am sure with global tracking and satellites, the directions will get better. What I find amazing is that the many county and state maps are not needed, although I still prefer a printed road map to what can be printed out from the Internet.
What is important is that the choice is there and that is something that was not available just 15 years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
David, I like your review for google map. it is amazing to locate my home in china by using google map
Post a Comment