Yahoo!
In 1996, I went online for the first time. Yahoo quickly became one of my favorite sites to go to before I narrowed my search. Yahoo enabled me to believe that I was viewing an orderly arrangement of the world wide web.
In 1997, I went to library school where I found other sites to go to in addition to Yahoo!. Since the advent of Web 2.0, Google has tried to take the web and appear to be the search engine by choice, and it has done well. Unfortunately, like Hotbot, and other search engines that do not list hierarchical arrangements, you are stuck narrowing and paging through. Sure, there are ways to narrow, but nothing beats hierarchical arrangements for quickness, and Yahoo still has that.
Today, Yahoo has borrowed a lot from Google, but it was one of the first and is still a major player. I use Google more for email and other free features such as Google maps, but Yahoo has adapted well to the times by incorporating rather than just ignoring the competition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment